Thursday, August 4, 2011

Welcome!


Welcome all!  I am going to keep this as brief as I can because this is so new to me.  This is something  I wanted to do for many years.  I wish I knew how easy it was to do so.
  My name is Michael J. Madsen.  Before we get any farther into this, I'm sure you noticed the difference in my name and my handle here on the blog.  My mother started that.  Not only because she and dad named me Michael James Madsen, but ever time I got into trouble it was "Michael James this and Michael James that".  I'm sure most of you know where this is going.  Well, later in life I used, Michael James as my, community theatre stage name and on air name, B95 and Am 590 WROW.  Well then everyone started calling me that and I thought it looked cool spelled "Mikel James", instead of the traditional version. Plus it is balanced, five letters on both sides.  Yea a crazy Libra.  Everything has to be balanced. So now I guess it's my pen name as well.
  OK, briefly my goal with this blog is to not only reminisce and learn about our rich heritage and the role the Ida Hillers that came before us had on shaping a great city and nation, but to grow,dream, plan and take action.  As to figure out what our role is going to be to keep this heritage alive, but more importantly, what our we going to do to become a self supporting community once again.  There will be much debate and many ideas.  I plan on sharing some stories I have written about growing up as an Ida Hiller.  Both based on my experience's as well as the countless stories I've heard through the years.   I started with pictures of the gorge because the Poesten Kill is the main reason it all happen here. I will share more photos and anything else Ida Hill, but most importantly, "The Ida Hillers". The people that made up and make up this great little part of earth.  If you have anything to add please feel free to let me know.  More to come.

  I do want to thank two people that indirectly motivated me to finally do this:
Herb Hyde, for giving us, "College and Eighth" and
John Warren for his wonderful book "The Poesten Kill".

   One more thing, Please, Please, Please, don't steal my pictures.  You may certainly down load them for your enjoyment but please don't re post or share them in any other way. I know they are beautiful and I take great pride in them.  I plan on putting them, as well as many others I've taken in a gallery some day.
Thanks for your understanding.

Peace, Love and Balance,
Mikel James

No comments:

Post a Comment